May 9, 2008

Loli's hair

So, I have tried a thing or two on Loli's hair, just to get used to doing a real head. It's very different from the mannequin. her hair actuall absorbs wax and conditioners and gets easier to work with... I don't know if the mannequin is different because the hair is synthetic, or because the texture absorbs the conditioning agents quickly the same way African hair would.

Anyway, Cornrows....



And simple twists with large triangle parts.






She wore the first style for a few days; the second for two days so far. Not bad for caucasian hair. And she hardly complained at all... she says that having her hair parted "tickles." So I am getting more and more reassured.

I'm half-done with a mannequin style righ t now... when I'm done I resolve to post it no matter how hideous it looks. Right now it looks pretty hideous. Sigh.

5 comments:

Joy said...

The simple twists looks cute from the back.

Janell said...

For being "simple," the twists are sure pretty!

Margaret said...

Awesome! I think that hairdos that you can leave in for more than one day ROCK!

Putz said...

hair, nosurf's way to nurture herself

Lucy Stern said...

Loli is a brave girl letting you do her hair, what a trooper.

Happy Mothers day, lady bug!