Feb 20, 2010

The best of American Idol

... so far it's been Larry Plat.

So, for those of you not watching (are there any? Other than Dave, of course, I mean...) This man came in to audition, one of the standard crazy people auditions.



and THIS is what then happened, in the weeks afterward: (hint: you only need to listen to a few seconds of each of these to "get" it) One of these has some mild swearing (can't remember which one... I think it's the second one)















Deep sigh of contentment for the pop-culture creating genius that is American Idol.

2 comments:

David L said...

It's not that I don't enjoy AI (I actually do), it's more that we just don't do TV anymore. Honestly, if we didn't have our renters, we wouldn't even have the ability to watch TV at all. :-)

But I *did* know about Mr. Pants-on-the-ground. Catchy little song, ain't it?

Unknown said...

Kind of catchy... more ANNOYINGLY catchy. I just find it hilarious how it somehow took off? And that last clip was classic. :)

I know you guys don't do TV. Actually I respect that. Sometimes I think it becomes a burdensome coping-mechanism; I tell myself I"ll just watch one online episode of house or something while I fold laundry, but the laundry is done and then I spend twenty extra minutes finishing my episode when I should be doing something more constructive. :) (Um... like reading harry potter. Right.)