Mar 24, 2010

Gardening as induction...

Yesterday I staked out my garden. WIth the help of my children, who are closer to the ground than I, we planted Kale, Cabbage, Broccoli, Cauliflower, Brussels Sprouts, Beans, and Collards. Two weeks ago we got our peas and lettuces into the ground.

What am I doing gardening while 4 days overdue, you ask?

Do you really need to ask?

There are some things rather TMI that make me think this baby might be a little closer to coming. But who knows. It's odd... I'm beginning to feel slightly disconnected from this process. A feeling like, "this baby might come someday." LIke the fact that she might come is now coming into question.

And yet for some reason I'm not too bothered, except for a brief moment of frustration every morning when Skywalker leaves for work, and I run through a panicky scenario in my mind where suddenly I go straight from non-labor into some kind of wacky instant transition and it takes him 20 minutes to get home, then it takes 20 minutes for my sister to get here, then a further 30 minutes to the hospital and we end up having to pull over to the side of the freeway and deliver a baby.

Skywalker frightened me last night by shrugging and saying, "I think I'd do OK if it came to that."

I gave him one of my famous looks and said, "it will not come to that."

He shrugged and said, "Well, if it DID, I'm just saying..."

"It will NOT come to that."


So shall it be written.

I just hope baby is listening, too.

4 comments:

Anthony D said...

I think he'd do pretty well too ;)

Unknown said...

Ok... you're right, he would. But I'm NOT currently entertaining the possibility.

David L said...

If that ever happened to me, I would promise to be LESS than supportive.

Sorry, but I don't do body fluids like that.

Unknown said...

:)

body fluids are kinda gross... but as a mom, I've become acclimated to pretty much all of them. *sigh*