Jun 16, 2010

Pioneer Lullabye


It's a sad song, but I love it.


Anyway, by way of explanation for the sudden aberration: I've realized I've kind of been a chicken in a way on this blog.

So I write, you all know that. I might do it well sometimes but I also do it poorly sometimes and I don't care who notices.

I also sing. But I'm always so dang afraid of doing it badly and having people hate it that it has kind of crippled me, sometimes. A lot of this stems from a bad experience I had a while back that I never fully recovered from. This has been my own fault. You can let trials break you or make you stronger.

Lately I've felt like Heavenly Father is telling me I need to stop being such a coward. So I've started going to ward choir again. Ever since the above mentioned bad experience, going to ward choir is so difficult for me, emotionally. I don't know why. And singing congregational hymns in church is where I choke up the most. It's almost like that whole thing where you know if you don't feel like you should pray, that's when you need to the most. It's really hard. But it's stupid, because I love to sing and most people don't mind listening to me. My voice is far from perfect, but it's something. I need to stop being ashamed of it.

SO this is my way of blasting a gigantic hole in my singing closet.

6 comments:

Donnell Allan said...

That was sooo lovely. It brought tears to my eyes.

Thank you, No Surf.

Camilla Cole said...

Beautiful! I always enjoy your lovely voice NoSurfalicious! I'm glad you're becoming more willing to share it with others (although I can gloat about hearing you whenever I want through our annual BFB cds). Very pretty song as well.

Camilla Cole said...

Wish we could collaborate like old times!

Putz said...

we can't col..lab{i have a lab dog}orate at singing cause i can't hold a note, they never recuite me for the ward choir any more, although i have aspirations of sing in the hollow of his hand at one of my grand kids farewell cause none of my boys would let me at theirs

Sarah said...

Good for you, Sarah! Boy, I know all about those stage demons...

The song was lovely!

Unknown said...

let's collaborate Camilla. We'd have fun. :) Too bad you're mostly in AZ... maybe sometime we'll all meet up at Aunt Carolee's and do one of those famous family recording thanksgiving sessions again.