Aug 22, 2010

The Letter I sent to MayMay's Primary Teacher Today

so as we were walking home from primary, MayMay was proudly showing me her "dough." I said, "oh, that's so nice! Playdough!" And she said, "No mom, it's not playdough. It's dough!"

We got in the door and about 15 minutes into making lunch MayMay announced that she was supposed to make a pizza with the dough. So I changed my assumptions... Sister Black must have given them some dough to make something at home. What a great idea! OK, fine. Go ahead and make a pizza.

I preheated the oven and the kids had a grand old time rolling out the "dough" on a baking sheet. I gave MayMay sauce to spread, and cheese, and put it in the oven to bake. 10 minutes later I took it out, got the "pizza" off the pan, and put it on MayMay's plate, instructing her to share a little bit with her sisters.

I tasted a little glob of crust which had stuck to the pan.

I'm sure you know the rest.... :)

Skywalker and I were laughing so hard. I laughed so hard I cried. Anyway... thank you for the playdough! I should have tasted it before we even started.

3 comments:

nateandrebecca said...

Ha! Ha! Ha! That is pretty funny!

Josh said...

awesomes... that's hilarious.

Anonymous said...

seems like there's always a disaster with things that we're supposed to do with things that are sent home from school or primary...all of the poor bean seedlings that died, cookies not baked until they were dehydrated or furry, amazing art projects which remained in the materials stage until surreptitiously disposed of months later. etc.etc.
mom