May 16, 2012

Things We Say: Mothers' Day



(Setting: It's just after church on Mothers' day. The kids are gleefully piling my lap with cookies and little cute cards the primary helped them make. The four girls hand over their baggies, then turn and look expectantly at Squirt.)

Squirt: (mulish expression on face) these... Mom, these cookies are mine.

NSG: Yeah? They look yummy.

Squirt: They're for me to eat.

Bella: Squirt, they're for Mom! Give them to Mom!

NSG: Squirt, if you give me the cookies, I'll share some with everyone. This is a lot of cookies for me to eat.

Squirt: No! NO, they're mine. I...you can have all my papers. (hands over the card he made, plus a crayon picture and a coloring page from primary.)

NSG: Thank you, Squirt.

Skywalker: (Crouches down, looks him earnestly in the face): Squirt, don't you want to give Mom her cookies? Don't you love your Mom?

Squirt: (looks at floor) Yeah, I love her. I just don't love her that much.


*afternote: the cards were really cute. Here is what each of the kids wrote, monikers used to retain privacy*


My mom's name is: SERU

My mom is JAWS years old.

My mom's job is

My favorite thing to do with my mom is BACEN (baking??)

Love JAWS



(this one is written by a teacher)

My mom's name is: SARAH

My mom is 13 :) years old

My mom's job is MAKING LUNCH

My favorite thing to do with my mom is GIVES HIM FOOD

Love, SQUIRT


My mom's name is SARHA

My mom is 31 years old

My mom's job is to TAKE CARE OF US

My favorite thing to do with my mom is TO PLAY GAMES

Love, BELLA


My mom's name is SARAH

My mom is 31 years old

My mom's job is TAKING CARE OF KIDS

My favorite thing to do with my mom is GOING PLACES WITH HER

Love, Loli (written in cursive)


My mom's name is SARU

My mom is 31 years old

My mom's job is CLEZ HOUSE

My favorite thing to do with my mom is PLA GAMEAZA

Love, LOVEEM (MAYMAY)







No comments: