Jan 14, 2008

Confession

So...

I watch American Idol. The first few episodes where they make fun of poor, emotionally challenged people really bug me, but when it gets into the real competition, I'm riveted. Probably partly because I'm a singer myself and it's fascinating to see someone compete in your sport.

Here's the thing... I could take or leave all American Idol winners. Except for one.

I'm a die-hard Kelly fan. I absolutely love her voice and her way of singing... it really resonates with me. This is a guilty confession, as I'm not really into pop or diva music at ALL. Really, really not. Anyway, I thought I'd share this video, and a song from her latest album, with you, as the new American Idol season starts... I love these. The first video is the episode where she totally won me. And I've never been the same since. LOL. my list of people I have to see in concert before they die has gone up by one: James Taylor (Saw him on my 18th birthday), Cat Stevens (if he ever performs live again, please Heavenly Father,) Elton John, Ray Charles (Saw him at the Lucky Nugget in Reno, Martin Luther King day 2000) and now, Kelly. I'm sure some of you (Jeremy...) think I"m pretty silly. Too bad for you all. :)



5 comments:

Jeremy said...

You're not referring to me I hope! You're not silly...you rock!

I'm the opposite of you when it comes to American Idol. I like making fun of the poor emotionally challenged people but get bored with the rest of it. I'm kind of a jerk that way :-(

Unknown said...

well, I"ve got two jeremies in my blogroll... either one of you could possibly fall into the "I'm not sure if they think I'm silly and/or blond sounding" category, so you have reassured me :) My freind Jeremy from high school listens only to cool music. And I've always felt a sort of competitive thing about that... whose music is actually cooler. he probably doesn't even care (if he's reading this comment, I'm kind of embarrassed to be admitting this) but I do. Wierd, the slight feelings of inadequacy and/or silly competition that can stick around after high school.

Anonymous said...

You may be able to see Cat Stevens perform one day. Did you know he performed at Live Earth Germany. Sang some song from the Cat days and some new ones. He was great. He was the closing act and the audience loved him. Look on YouTube. One of the songs he sang was "Saturn" by Stevie Wonder. Wonderful performance. I'm so glad he is back to music!

Anonymous said...

Meant to say he sang some SONGS from the Cat days!

Anonymous said...

My DH is watching a football game (big surprise), and I can hear the t.v. from in here where I have my laptop set up. Just a few minutes ago I heard a few lines of "Unchain My Heart" by Ray Charles, and it was awesome.

About American Idol, my husband is a diehard fan too.