Feb 14, 2008

Valentines day sadness

I'm not sad. Not anymore. I have a wonderful lover/husband/best friend to buy me toblerones and laugh with me at old 20's-era musicals and design floor plans for future castles in the sky.

But today, as I drove up to pick up Loli's friend for kindergarten, I noticed three police cars parked in front of the nieghbor's house. This neighbor has been struggling of late with his divorce. She was his wife of a couple decades, mother to several of his children. I don't know why the police cars were there, or why the two officers were standing on his porch with their walkie talkies, but I do know it's valentines day and it hurts for some. It hurt for me for a couple years.

I said a prayer as I pulled out of the driveway and onto the street to take the kids to school.

I say the same prayer for all of you out there who are dealing with sadness today. For those of you who have not yet received a valentine, here's one from me.


Happy Valentine's Day.

No comments: