Jul 18, 2008

a slight vent...

brought on by a small project I did this morning.

I WANT TO BE PUBLISHED!! I want my story in a gleaming, hardback cover (I'll even settle for gleaming paperback) lined up on a bookshelf in a real bookstore.

I want people to read my stories. I want to be speaking to a lot of people! I want an audience for my creativity! I want covenant to take this new manuscript I just sumbitted, read it, and fall over astonished at my brilliance and prose! I want...

well. Not a very realistic scenaro, I'll admit.

And are those motivations really pure? I don't know. Do I want recognition, or the fun of telling a good story? It's all mixed up inside my imperfect heart, and completely indistinguishable.

I guess I mostly want lots and lots of people to enjoy what I write. That's what I really want.

And a glamorous picture with a lauding bio on the back cover woudn't hurt either.

Cross your fingers for me, that this new manuscript will go over well. I sent it in a week ago... they said around 6 months before I hear back. 6 freakin' months. Oh well. That means I can do other projects with the peace of heart that comes with knowing I have something in the works.

Thanks for listening (er, I mean... reading).

5 comments:

Josh said...

Fingers crossed...

Putz said...

i will read it, even if i have to pay for it nosurf, i feel a lot the way you do although my audience doen't have to be as big as yours, although i have to have at least one person laugh at it and not at me, i wrote ignoble enigma amd my daughter in law read itt and said how interesting and how absurd, i camped in cows pies wehn i was eleven and thought they were buffalo chips and tryed to burn them to cook my food{cause i heard you could}and wet cow pies with my friend buddy gibboson

Janell said...

I'd been wondering what happened to the last script, but I also figured the saddest case as you had not announced any happy news :(

I hope that they have better sense this round!

David L said...

Can I just say amen? I've published several times, but nothing I can put my name on and really on technical documents. It's nice to see something you write go to print like that, but I really want ME to go to print, know what I mean? I want people to want to read what I wrote and recognize it for what it is instead of just picking up one of my manuals and scanning through it for the number to the customer service line.... sigh....

Anonymous said...

Ditto! What I'm thinking is that since you continue to have the desire to write, write, write, that's a message from YOU KNOW WHO...or at least I think so. Sometimes He lets us stumble around a bit before we get our wishes granted, but I feel like it's going to happen for you.

Another thing I've picked up from so many people and readings is that you almost have to have an agent before you get published. Seriously. I've heard it so much that I think it must be true. Also, there are thousands and thousands of them out there on the internet so maybe you and David and I need to start looking today.