Jul 6, 2010

Jake is the devil...I'm glad I have Skywalker.

OK, so I had to follow up on the whole Jake/Vienna thing. Because I compared my relationship with Skywalker to their courtship as it unfolded on the Bachelor.

Here's what I have to say: Vienna is not an extremely mature person. I hope I"m more mature than that. But she and I are similar in a lot of ways.

Jake and Skywalker are nothing alike.

And for that I'm so very grateful:)

The end.





OK. Not the end. I can't help myself. Here's a list of things I dislike about someone like Jake:

1) It's obvious he's lying. I'm good at spotting liars because I was married to someone who was very good at lying.

2) The little snide, snippy comments that were just malicious... I'm sorry but this is not OK at all, particularly if you're directing them at an emotional marshmallow like Vienna (and me.)

3) The coldness--it's called emotional withdrawal. It's passive aggressive. It's extremely hurtul.

4) The thing about getting so upset about being questioned. See... I can sympathise with Vienna because I do this, too. Skywalker is very patient and I do it much less now that we've been married for a while. But the whole questioning thing--it's part of the growth and trust that builds in a relationship. It's part of becoming one--being willing to surrender yourself to someone else's way of doing things, being willing to go along with someone even if they end up being wrong. It takes a while!

I have to agree with this girl (Vienna) that Jake needs someone passive, someone willing to be controlled. The thing is... he's got issues HE needs to work out. The sad thing is he doesn't know it.

It's really all too bad.

Aaaaaand that's the end of my venture into tabloid-celebrity-gossip speculation.

Really, that's the end. I won't say any more.






OK, nevermind, I have to say one more thing.

That controllingness--I know what it feels like. Those snide remarks... I know what they feel like. Those bursts of temper... I know what those are like. I think I've decided this relationship does not resemble mine and Skywalker's.

It definitely resembles another relationship I had at one time, though. And in a way I lucked out that I didn't have to deal with it long-term. In a way, that was a blessing. Not for him, because his choices led him in a very terrible direction and caused him great pain and suffering. But for me... well.

How do you be grateful for something that causes someone else so much pain and suffering? you really can't. So I won't say it.

2 comments:

merrilykaroly said...

Oh, man! I watch the Bachelorette with my sis-in-law and when I saw that Jake and Vienna were going to be on it, I was so ready to bash Vienna. But then when they started arguing I realized that he is kind of scary and mean. He annoyed me before but this is a whole new level.

I agree that Vienna is immature and that she talks and interrupts way too much, but if you think about it, everyone has been prejudging her from the beginning and the tabloids have always been really cruel to her. So maybe in her position I would have sold the story too, just to get it out there... or maybe not. I don't know.

What a sad ending to their little "happily ever after" dream. Although let's face it, that show is pretty much NOT successful in any way at helping people fulfill their dreams.

Now my sister-in-law and I like to find reasons to say things like "Stop undermining me!"

Unknown said...

LOl! Stop undermining me.

Classic.

At least jake and vienna have given us one valuable thing... a one liner!!