Jul 17, 2010

Things We Say

Squirt (saunters slowly into the kitchen): Mom?

NSG (Busily making pb&h sandwiches): Yes?

Squirt (leans tiredly on NSG's leg): Mom, will you pick me up?

NSG: Sure! (Picks up squirt, gives him a hug.)

Squirt: Mom, your sandwiches are so... so juicy and sweet.



MayMay: Mom, when we get kneeled in the temple-

NSG: You mean sealed?

MayMay: Yes, sealed. Mama, when we get sealed in the temple will Grandma Allison be there?

NSG: Yup.

MayMay: And grandma Elaine?

NSG: Yup.

MayMay: And me and Bella will kneel but NOT Jaws or Loli!




(setting: a campsite with a broad, fast-running stream alongside it.)

Jaws: Mom, Squirt can't go by the river.

NSG: Nope. You tell me if you see him by it.

Jaws: OK. Because Mom? If he goes by the river he will fall into it and get washed away and we'll never see him again!

NSG: (reconsidering the frightening scenario she used to scare her 4-year-old daughter into obedience) Yes. But he won't go by the river so it won't happen. And you won't Either. I'm so glad.

Jaws: And then I would not have our brother! And we'd just keep having more girls!

4 comments:

Putz said...

how close are you to being kneeled in the bumple???????

Unknown said...

email me, Putz, at ttagyoureit@yahoo.com.

I figure if you can GET IN to the temple you're not someone to be frightened of... I wouldn't mind meeting you.

Josh said...

hehe. love it.

Putz said...

didn't work>>.yur e mail