Sep 13, 2006

My Secret Garden

I have always wanted a garden like the one described in Francis Hodgson Burnett's book. I have this amazing, intricate plan laid out in my mind and sometimes almost on paper, of my garden as it would be if I had no worries about expense or acreage.

Well, I've lived in apartments for the past 6 years or so, so the best I could do was potted plants. Which have been very nice. But we just moved into a place with two acres and a garden. It is so wonderful-- I feel like I really am coming home. None of it is our work yet, but we have big plans.

I love being outside in the yard. I thought I would post a few pics of my favorite
beauty spots.


















4 comments:

Lucy Stern said...

very pretty

Joy said...

I hear you about dreaming about a garden. I planted one last year at our rental, and one this year. Now I dream of actually fixing up the yard. We'll see.

Anonymous said...

I think the prettiest flower was the one sleeping. ;)

Anonymous said...

There is nothing quite like gardening. I had developed my whole front yard into a magical flower garden with stone walls and paths. It was lovely. But, I haven't been able to keep it up since I've been ill, so in August, we took it down and are turning it back into grass. It has been sad, but a relief too. It was beautiful, but required a lot of maintenance.

I really love the thought of a secret garden too. If I could, I would have a fence in our back yard and do it there.

I'm happy you have a garden. Working in the dirt and watching things grow is so therapeutic.